Friday, July 22, 2016

Take A Deep Breath


    Okay now, I'm going to ask you to indulge me here.  We are going to do a little experiment. This will be an experiment about visceral response, versus reasoned consideration.  What the hell am I talking about? I am talking about an experiment that exposes just how deeply encoded our first responses are to what we see in regards to Attire.  I am going to give you a series of images, and your mission is to look at each one, note your immediate reaction, and then look again with a more critical eye.  Try see further than your first response allows.  It's not an easy thing to get past.  I know, it stymies me a good deal too.  But as a method of explaining the intense potency of Attire and its effect upon us, it's a fine tool to use.
    The secondary object is of course to broaden our understanding, and our tastes.  If we understand more of the words in the lexicon of Attire, that can only help us to understand each other more fully in the long run.
   Oh, and I will not be making any commentary of my own, this is your chance to step up and do the dissemination of an ensemble's meanings.  Once you've gotten through this, let me know how you felt and what you saw, either by posting here or on facebook.
    So, let's get to it, shall we?

And as a present for being so patient with me, something to give your eyes a rest.
Okay, you can put down your pencils.  How do you think you did?  Talk to me, people.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Yes, but not the shoes
    2. Arrogant mess- if you are making a statement or a social statement..do it well.
    3.My eyes, my eyes
    4. I see the history, but this is clunky
    5. Wow, the old colored oils in the water thing we do in kindergarten. Gonna take a BIG piece of paper to marbleize this.
    6. Scrubs
    7. Somebody lost the thread (threads?)
    8. Happy times
    9. Boy, she is TALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I instantly respond positively to three of them. They make music that doesn't hurt my ears. The others are cacaphony, or a numbing drone.

    ReplyDelete